These guidelines were developed for our Creatives Coffee Klatch (C2K) weekly gatherings, and they can be useful for many other groups and situations:
- Safe: What's said here, stays here.
- Sacred Space: Please disable your technology. :)
- Speaking: Be mindful that each of us needs a chance to share. The facilitator will keep an eye on time and help include everyone in the discussion.
- Support: Please assist other speakers by listening thoughtfully. It's best to offer advice only when advice is requested.
- Statements: The most effective communication happens when we speak from "I" (not "you") and avoid general statements such as "all artists are.." and "all musicians are..."